Training and preparation for Gaelforce North - Top Ten Tips from someone who has been there and got the t-shirt (and the medal):
TRAINING AND PREPARATION FOR GAELFORCE NORTH - TOP TEN TIPS:
1. Remember this is a manageable distance and a stunning course.
2. Train in all weather.
3. Train off-road as well as on the road.
4. Combine your training.
5. Find a friend or group to train with and to do the race with.
6. You will be out there on the day for a long time so you need to train for that.
7. Build stamina and strength.
8. Do not get stressed the day or the evening before - be organised.
9. Make sure you have the right clothing for every weather condition.
10. Do it for a reason.
Need more advice? Read our staff member's First Timer Blog for the inside track from her experience of doing Gaelforce North!