For reasons of fairness, safety and responsibility people are expected to abide by the following simple rules. Remember, ignorance is no excuse and failure to comply may lead to time penalties or disqualification. Rules and/or the course may need to be modified in order to deal with unforeseen circumstances.
Note on winning criteria:
To make it fair to everyone involved we have made the decision that you can only win your category if you are in the Elites wave. This means that you will not have had a time out at the kayak transition.
Even if you beat a winning time, if you are not in the elites you will not be placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in this category.
- On entering, competitors agree to a declaration to waive liability, confirm acceptance of the rules & agree to the release of personal images to the media and for event promotion purposes.
- Note that international competitors must have the appropriate travel documents, visas & comprehensive medical insurance in place for this event. We do advice that competitors organise their own personal insurance.
- You must reach the base of Errigal by 3pm, otherwise you will not be allowed to climb it and will be short-coursed back to Bunbeg.
- Mandatory Kit must be worn or carried as appropriate and as specified
- It is an unsupported race - you are not allowed to be handed any food, drink or other equipment from spectators or helpers along the way. You can only use one bike for the cycle. If you are found to change bike during the event you will be disqualified.
- Follow the Road Traffic Laws
- Cycle on the left on all roads and keep tight into the left especially on main roads
- Do not leave anything in the bike compound when you collect your bike during the race
- Do not trespass or cut corners – follow the event instructions
- Checkpoints must be visited in the prescribed order/way
- Do not cheat
- Do not litter. Any competitor found littering will face automatic disqualification.
- Respect the environment & local inhabitants
- Assist any persons who are in difficulty (e.g. injury) as appropriate
- MP3, Ipods etc are not allowed
- The Race Director's decision is final
- Look around you and enjoy the scenery!
- Look after your mates and those around you
- Drink plenty of water as you go around the course
- Check your bike is in good working order before you leave it at the bike transition
- Be late for the bus
Worry if the clock is ticking and you think you will not make the Errigal cut-off. Go at your own pace