MANDATORY KIT TO BE CARRIED THROUGHOUT EACH EVENT. IT WILL BE CHECKED BEFOREHAND AND YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO START WITHOUT IT:
- VERY IMPORTANT: Trail running shoes must be worn. These must be shoes with an aggressive thread. Large parts of the route have no trail, only soft ground. Anyone wearing road runners will not be allowed to start the race.
- Hooded waterproof jacket must be carried with you regardless of the weather. The weather in the mountains is changeable so this item is essential
- Light micro-fleece or heavy thermal layer
- Headwear of some description, eg. woolly hat or buff
- Whistle to attract attention in an emergency
- Space blanket
- Bottle that can carry minimum 200ml of water
- Food, particularly to provide you with fuel in an emergency (minimum of Mars bar or natural food bar)
- Mobile phone that has the Race Director's and emergency numbers pre-saved into it plus enough battery to last your estimated race time
If you have any questions on any of the above please do not hesitate to contact us before registering and we will do our best to advise you.