Come & Watch!
If you are a spectator or have supporters who wish to spectate, we would advise that the best places from which to watch the action are:
- Killary Adventure Centre - you must park
at the centre and walk down to the water site where the kayaking is taking place
- Delphi Valley bike transition area
- Westport Quay bike transition area
- Finish line at Westport Leisure Park
See course maps
An option could be to park in the main tourist car park of Croagh Patrick at Murrisk and enjoy a day climbing the mountain. There is absolutely no spectating on the event side of the mountain, this is due to access issues and to make sure an ambulance can get through!
Road closure orders are in place on certain sections of the course, for the safety of cyclists and motorists. There will be Gardai and/or event marshals at road closure junctions. Please do not attempt to enter a “road closed” zone. See course map.
Summary of areas closed to the public on race day (24th June 2017)
- Glassillaun Beach and access road to the south
- Minor road between R335 Doo Lough and Liscarney N59
- Minor road turning west from N59 running to Teevenacroaghy to south of Croagh Patrick (Reek transition)
- Minor road turning south from R335 Louisburgh road at Owenwee (Gannon’s Garage)