Training and preparation for Gaelforce North - Top Ten Tips from someone who has been there and got the t-shirt (and the medal):
TRAINING AND PREPARATION FOR GAELFORCE NORTH - TOP TEN TIPS:
1. Remember this is a manageable distance and a stunning course
2. Train in all weather
3. Train off-road as well as on the road
4. Combine your training.
5. Find a friend or group to train with and to do the race with.
6. You will be out there on the day for a long time so you need to train for that.
7. Build stamina and strength.
8. Do not get stressed the day or the evening before.
9. Make sure you have the right clothing for every weather condition
10. Do it for a reason.
Need more advice? Read our staff member's First Timer Blog from her experience of doing Gaelforce North to get the inside track!