ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 12KM
INTRODUCTORY MOUNTAIN RUN:
While you do not need to have mountain running experience you do need to have a moderate level of fitness to allow you to cover the distance running. You will be running off-road on bog and uneven terrain and the weather could be challenging so you should take this into account before entering the race.
Saying that it is the perfect race to help you transition from road running to mountain running.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING
BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO ENTER THE 22KM EXPERT OR 13KM INTERMEDIATE EVENTS:
- These are events for experienced mountain runners only, i.e those who take part in mountain runs on a regular basis.
- The area where the race takes place is remote, the terrain is difficult - wet, boggy, slippy and very steep in places - and the weather patterns are very changeable.
- It is not suitable for those who, while fit, are used to running on roads and tracks only - we offer the 12km Introductory Event as an introduction to mountain running.
- Due to the length of the course and the shorter daylight hours this event cannot be walked, it must be done at a jogging/running pace.
- If you are not sure that this event is suitable for you then it probably is not.
- There is a strict cut off time of 4 hours (1pm) at the bottom of the final ascent. If you miss this cut off you must follow the short route home.